Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Bit of Inspiration from Audrey

During my much-awaited shopping excursion to the mall yesterday, I stumbled across this book that I've been wanting for a while at Anthropologie. I couldn't resist it, it was literally staring me in the face and calling to me.
As one of the many people who consider Audrey an inspiration, I jumped at the chance of purchasing this book.




"On many occasions, she was approached to pen her autobiography, the definitive book of Audrey Hepburn, yet she never agreed. A beloved icon who found success as an actress, a mother, and a humanitarian, Audrey Hepburn perfected the art of gracious living.
More philosophy than biography, 'How to Be Lovely' revisits the many interview Audrey gave over the years, allowing us to hear her voice directly on universal topics of concern to women the world over: careers, love lives, motherhood, and relationships. Enhanced by rarely-seen photographs, behind-the-scenes stories, and insights from the friends who knew her well, 'How to Be Lovely' uncovers the real Audrey, in her own words.
While she would have been the last to say so, Audrey Hepburn was an expert in the art of being a woman. 'How to Be Lovely' imparts whatever wisdom and insight she found along the way to the millions who grew up, or will grow up, wanting to be just like her.
Published to coincide with Audrey Hepburn's would-be seventy-fifth birthday, 'How to Be Lovely' offers a rare glimpse into the woman behind the mystique and is the definitive guide to living genuinely with glamour and grace."--Melissa Hellstern



I already started to read this book today in the car. I'm not very far into it, but I find myself being more inspired every moment! It's chock full of AH quotes, ranging from the thought-provoking to the laugh-inducing. It seems like the perfect gift for any fan of Audrey or anyone who just enjoys being a woman.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com